Thursday, June 23, 2016

I can't shake it

There's a feeling of dread enveloping me today. I'm sure that I'm a sitting duck, and the other shoe is about to land on my cranium.

2016 has been a very bad year. After all, it began with three months of chronic diarrhea. And when I think of all else that's followed -- everything from my own money trouble to hospitalized friends to the death of my dear Joey to issues with my family to bed bugs -- I fear that chronic diarrhea might the high point.

And now, for some reason, today I am afraid. Things are changing around me at work and I'm having a hard time reading the tea leaves.  I'm nearly 60, and advertising is not kind to the elderly. Plus my friend Barb has retired. She's always been my fall back, the one I figured I could count on for eating money if I needed freelance work. I hate myself that I am seeing her life change not in terms of her cancer surgery but through the prism of my self interest, but there you go. I try not to pull punches on this blog, and that is the way I feel.


3 comments:

  1. It's sometimes difficult to admit the ugly truths to ourselves, I had such a moment today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Hugs) I know it's been a hellish year for you and many close to you. I hope your fears are unfounded and you're just picking up some wonky energy. (Energy has been REALLY rough for many of us.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all that worry ended up being for nothing.You and your loved ones have already had a difficult year, and I'm hoping for an upswing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.