Friday, March 11, 2016

I love my little town

I fell in love with this village when I was still in high school. Connected to the city by two el lines, the bus and a commuter train, it's always near everything. It's racially diverse and politically progressive. It's always felt like home.

Because we're a village of dedicated tree huggers, recycling is heavily encouraged. For reasons too complicated and boring to go into, we were without recycling bins for about a week. I felt so bad about not doing my part for the polar bears and the future generations, that I brought a bag of paper with my on the train so I could recycle it at the office. Yes, I felt a little silly to be commuting with a bag of trash, but the silly was better than the guilt.

I was so freaking DELIGHTED to see the new recycling bin back behind my building!

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. I was lugging papers home from the office to recycle before I talked the building owner into a recycling pickup.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.