Friday, January 02, 2015

Too young!

I live next door to a children's home. The kids who are there are either waiting for placement in a foster home, or in sliding-scale affordable daycare while their parents are at work.

Today when I came back from brunch I saw an ambulance in the driveway we share. I saw a little kid of about 8 or 9 being helped onto a stretcher. Surrounded by smiling, encouraging adults, the wee one tearlessly clutched a stuffed bear.

I don't know what was wrong with the child. Clearly not broken bones and there was no oxygen there to help the kid breathe.

I do know that anyone young enough to get comfort from a plush toy is too young to be rushed to a hospital.


4 comments:

  1. praying for this little person.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a children's home in Chicago? With LITTLE children? I did not know that. I know there are places for teenagers. I totally know that wasn't the point of your post, though. I hope the little kid was okay! Maybe she had an asthma attack or something like that, something that was potentially serious enough to require an ambulance, but easily dealt with and cured. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the little guy's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.