Saturday, November 15, 2014

Gratitude Challenge -- Days 14 and 15

a
"Every day for 30 days, celebrate what you're grateful for, corresponding to the theme of the day." 

Day #14 -- Color
My favorite color is blue. I love blue. My bedroom walls and carpet are blue.  I love wearing blue with blue, especially dark wash denim and a light blue shirt or sweater. My favorite blue of all is PMS 294, the official blue of my beloved Chicago Cubs. Because nothing makes me as happy as baseball. Nothing, except ...

Day #15 -- Music

Music can change my mood in an instant. Certain songs, like "At Seventeen" by Janis Ian or "Save the Best for Last" by Vanessa Williams, must be avoided at all costs. But many, many more songs lift me up. I'm grateful for how reliable and potent and cheap this mood elevator is. This evening, on the el, I listened to a wonderful old Garth Brooks song I haven't thought about ages -- "Papa Loved Mama" -- and I smiled all the way home.


1 comment:

  1. I love your love for baseball. And one of my favorite things about the holidays is the music--how artists interpret the old classic Christmas songs is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.