Saturday, June 15, 2013

About dogs

I love watching people walk their dogs. There seems to be three distinct scenarios -- 1) dog and human are almost one as they traverse the neighborhood; 2) the dog is totally digging the cold or snow or wet weather and the human can't wait to get back indoors; 3) the human really wants the dog to get with the program and enjoy the walk but the dog is resisting it.

Late this morning, I got a good look at scenario #3. We had a quick, summer storm and a girl (about 10) and her dog were caught in it. She was carrying her sodden flip flops in one hand and the leash in the other. Her wet hair was plastered to her back and she was enjoying wandering around barefoot in the rain, looking in store windows and getting progressively more soaked. Puppy, on the other hand, would find teeny tiny dry spots under shop awnings and stubbornly try to stay put.


2 comments:

  1. awwwwww... poor widdle puppy.

    I have three ... and if it's raining.. I swear I have to WALK INTO THE RAIN to make my stupid dog GO!

    That or threaten her... GO POTTY NOOOW!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.