Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blog Every Day in May -- Day 22

Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)

I am so fucking tired of this Recession! I hate worrying every three months (each quarter) that I'm going to be let go. There aren't a lot of jobs out there ... fewer at my salary ... fewer still for someone over 50. I'm angry, I'm scared, I feel helpless.

In the 1990s, we hired people then who were my age now. We hired anyone whose knuckles didn't drag. We had more jobs than people.

But now it's my turn. Now I'm facing unemployment, but there are no jobs. This is not fair.

And that's just me. If I wasn't worried about making myself too sad, I'd detail what's going on with best friend (unemployed), my former boss Ed (unemployed), my friend in the Keys (underemployed) and my friend John (underemployed). 

Can't we turn the page already? Can't we start over with a fresh new economy? Can't I stop worrying?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.