Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 6

The final chapter of 2012!

Celebrated my birthday (11/22), Christmas and Kathleen's birthday (12/23) last night. First we toasted with fruity tropical drinks and then had a lovely Cantonese dinner.

I gave her decorative tiles from last year's vacation spots (Key West and Colonial Williamsburg) to add to the collection that rings her dining room wall. She gave me a lovely little bracelet and a vintage Fossil bag. They're both so cute!

Over the past six months I've done some freelance for her and have hoped that I could work with her more formally at her new job. Meaning we had spoken about my jumping ship and joining her at her new company. Last night I learned that's not likely to happen, at least not in the near future. When we first discussed it, she was very optimistic about how successful she could be in growing that business. The reality has not been so rosey. Instead of building her own inhouse staff, she has turned to our friend (and my theater buddy) Barb -- who works at a full-service advertising agency that offers, in addition to the copywriting I can provide, metrics and analysis and production. Kathleen is simply not ready to staff her own crew.

Oh, well. It's Christmastime. I have a job right now, even if it's not a job I loooove. That's all I need to know for the time being.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice time, even if the news was a bit disappointing. Hooray for month-long birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to celebrate yet again! Sorry the news wasn't as promising. Boo hiss.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.