Monday, August 13, 2012

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 10

Friday's Happiness: Laughter! My oldest friend returned to Chicagoland on Friday afternoon and we attended the Fest for Beatle Fans together. It's a rather silly affair, I admit, and the nerdiness was emphasized because attendees of ComicCon were staying at our hotel, too! 
But oh, it was good to see her. I haven't laughed so hard in ages! It was all (here's that word again) silly, but it was joyful, too. Our favorite moment came when going through a teen magazine from 1964. Yes, of course, the Beatles were on the cover, looking young and sooooo cute. But a violator on the cover promised: "How YOU Can Be Their Girl" accompanying photos of (are you ready?) Rock Hudson, Jim Nabors and Richard Chamberlain. 
It was nice to just laugh about inconsequential things, to reconnect to someone I've known since Kindergarten, and (for a third time) be silly.


Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear you had a silly visit with your oldest friend! I hope the drama in her life has eased up some.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.