Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Queen's Meme

The Employment Enjoyment Meme

1. What kind of work do you do? I'm an advertising writer.

2. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite or most fulfilling? This is really all I've ever done. I was an administrative assistant for 4 years, but that was a long, long time ago.

3. Do you think it's necessary in your life to have a day-to-day "career" that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in "just a job" with a steady paycheck? It's very important to me that I feel connected emotionally to what I'm doing.


4. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household? Nope.

5. Tell us your worst boss story. I once had a boss who was a complete nut job. She actually told me that the reason why we clashed so much is that we were adversaries in a past life, and that if we didn't work it through now, we would keep meeting for all eternity.

6. Have your ever been the boss? Do you like this this role?Yes. I hated it. And I learned that lay-offs suck, no matter which side of the desk you're sitting at.

7.  What is your dream occupation? I think I'd be a good pet sitter. I have a way with critters.

1 comment:

  1. It's very important to me that I feel connected emotionally to what I'm doing.
    Great answer.

    I can top your worst boss story..but not by much. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.