Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Best Friend

Eeyore turned 46 today. I am affectionately exasperated with him. He feels old ... he misses his daughter ... he's swamped at work ... It's how he is.

I fussed over him as best as I could. I got him a terrific gift -- a batch of baked-to-order and personalized Element Bars. I made sure they arrived on Saturday but he waited until today (his actual birthday) to open them with me over the phone (I heard him tearing the tape). I read him his horoscope. I told him I was playing his favorite recording artist, Marcia Ball, in my office in his honor.



I hope the attention made him happy. I completely adore him, and if you can't convey to a person on his birthday how important he is to you, then what's the point?


1 comment:

  1. What a cool gift! And it's great that he waited until the actual day to open the present. I am not nearly as disciplined.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.