Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day


I am watching the Cubs play the Red Sox within The Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field. I, of course, love the Cubs -- as do all right-thinking Chicagoans. And if I had an American League team, it would be the Red Sox. (The two teams share so much, not the least of which being Billy Buck.)

Enjoying this game, and all the MLB heritage it represents, is a present from my father. As is my geeky love of history.

Our relationship was fractious and difficult. I'd be lying if I said I missed him. But I can honestly say that I am remembering him fondly today for the gifts he gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.