Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's just SNOW, people!

I admit I'm grumpy right now.

First of all, I'm taking tomorrow off for my annual checkup. I told everyone about this last week. I have a plan for getting all my work done -- nothing is falling through the cracks. I've got this, people! Just leave me alone and let me work and everything will be fine tomorrow in my absence, I promise.

Also, it just started to snow. We're supposed to have about 2" by evening rush. Yes, Mother Nature is making it inconvenient but 1) it's not really that bad if you take public transportation to work, which most everyone here does and 2) snow in Chicago in January is hardly newsworthy.

One of my coworkers, who lives within walking distance of the office, is really grating. First of all, a California girl, she really doesn't like snow. Then don't live here. Secondly, she's always been upset that I have a window and she doesn't. So when she just walks in here, unannounced, to look out my window at the (gasp!) snow, I'm annoyed. And when she makes a huge display of having to step over my brief case and my gym bag and my purse to get to the window, I want to scream. Sorry if I have set my office up for my convenience, not yours.

If I sound like a bitch, I apologize. It just feels good to take a moment to vent my voluminous spleen.

4 comments:

  1. As one who has survived many a Chicago (and Detroit, Colorado, Harrisburg and Providence) winter, I have to say that two inches of the stuff shouldn't faze anyone who's been in Chicago for more than 10 months.

    As far as the California girl: feh and fie. Next time she swans into your office, get up and block her way, ostensibly to move all your personal belongings. Drop your purse a couple of times. Make it take a reeeaaallly long time to move those annoying items. Stand there, holding them, looking put-upon while she checks your window. And when she goes to leave, put it all back. It's kind of passive-agressive, but it should get the message across. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having snow, too, and the students were speculating about a snow day--annoyingly speculating. It's just snow is exactly my theme for the day, too.

    And California Girl makes a perfect Thursday Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had snow today too. but the snow was not bad...it was the ice. it took me 2 3/4 hours to drive 10 miles. i finally had to pull in a service station to pee.
    i was not happy to say the least!
    I wish we had public transportation in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:33 PM

    Say to her, Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize we shared offices now? When did this change occur?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.