Monday, October 17, 2011

Food Coma Day


Now of course I didn't exactly consume all the food that's pictured. After all, I don't do coffee. But as my extended leave comes to an end, I wanted to do quiet things that I enjoy. And one thing that I love is a leisurely coffee shop breakfast. So I had steak* and eggs and potatoes and wheat toast and oj while concentrating on my book -- The Careful Use of Compliments, a lovely, leisurely (at least so far) contemporary tale set in Scotland, a land I'm unfamiliar with.

Then I went home, vegged out and slept. I woke up, paid some bills, did some laundry. And instead of the burger and fries shown, I had franks* and beans.

With laundry and finances behind me, I think I can devote my entire last day off to quiet happy time.

* My doctor says I gotta have more protein, esp. beef, and fewer carbs, esp. my beloved pasta.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.