Thursday, March 31, 2011

Home


I picked these as my first posted photos from my four-day sojurn to Williamsburg because people-watching, especially kid-watching, was one of the great joys. Student groups seem to be high on their own independence, being away from their parents. Younger kids, there with their parents, got swept up in making believe that they live back in the 1700s. I noticed a lot of Beatle t-shirts, more on young people than baby boomers. I view this as England's revenge for the Revolution.

More later. Lots more. I predict you'll all just plead with me to quit posting about about Williamsburg before too long!

5 comments:

  1. Come to think of it, the last time I was down there WAS a school trip. There was a huge marching band competition down there my Senior year of high school (I was in color guard). I think out director was a closet history buff because we went to a lot of historical places that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been there. Now I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures and am looking forward to much much more!
    happy you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for invoking fond memories of a wonderful vacation I had with my family in Williamsburg in June of 2008.

    Regards
    TBD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad that there isn't really isn't anything fun like that closer to here, so I could take my students.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.