Saturday, November 06, 2010

30 Days of Honesty

Day 6 :: Something you hope you will never have to do When I was younger, the answer to this would have been "food service" because I don't have the temperament to be a waitress and I'm sure I'd be miserable. But now, my response is more serious. I hope I never have to take care of my mother. She values her independence, and I value mine. But as she gets older and has an increasingly difficult time remembering things and making decisions, this is where I fear we're headed. This is, of course, one of those times I'd love to be wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Taking care of parents is hard. I've had to help my dad out a lot over the last several months as he slowly recovers from his back surgery. Its hard seeing your parents so vulnerable, they are suppose to be taking care of US, not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. This I know too well. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.