Friday, October 08, 2010

What a nice boy!

My Friday sight seen: Two portly, matronly-looking ladies -- a mother and daughter, I guess. They were chatting rather animatedly in Spanish while looking at the lilac lacy underthings in the Cacique window. Standing close by -- but not too close -- was a lad in his late 20s. You could tell by every line of his being that he was mortified to be stuck there, on Wacker Drive on a busy sunny lunch hour, in front of the plus-sized lingerie. But there he stood, patiently and respectfully, waiting for (I assume) Mom and Grandma to finish their unutterably embarrassing conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.