Thursday, August 05, 2010

Lose that long face

Maybe I'm too swept up in the August Happiness Challenge, but right now -- at this very moment -- I am enthusiastic about my job.

This week, my team got new senior management. The new head of the marketing side came from a prestigious competitive agency by way of a popular not-for-profit. The new head of the creative side joins us from another account internally. Both of the gentlemen in these important positions have been blessed by our client (which is better than just saying, "Here they are! Work with 'em and pay 'em a ton for the pleasure," as it appears we have done in the past) and indicate that The Powers that Be believe this account has a future at this agency after all.

Yea!

So why is my boss walking around like Mr. Bad Posture, all grumpy and negative? While I don't expect a Knute Rockne speech from him, I am surprised that he's so cynical, doubting that anything will change.

I am hardly new to this industry, with decades under my belt now. I'm not easily bamboozled or distracted by smoke or mirrors. But these changes look good to me!

And so I am going to continue acting like Pollyanna, being so unremittingly upbeat that all my coworkers will lapse into a diabetic coma in response to the saccharine I spew.

1 comment:

  1. Is your boss keeping information from your team or is he always a Donnie Downer?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.