Saturday, August 21, 2010

Isn't he terrific?

I'm halfway through the PBS Cary Grant marathon (a special about his life and career, Arsenic and Old Lace, and Bringing Up Baby). I don't know that I'm in love with him, exactly. But I do believe he may be the most appealing man ever captured on film. I can't imagine anyone looking at him and not being charmed. William Powell could also be elegant and funny, and of course, today George Clooney is irresistibly sexy. But are either of them as unutterably adorable and completely seductive as Cary Grant? I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. I have always loved him--especially in An Affair To Remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he great? Him and Jimmy Stewart, who had a much different kind of charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:01 PM

    I'll admit that I'm in love with him :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.