Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August Happiness Challenge 2010 -- Day 18

A moment of class. After more than 14 years with the agency, my boss' boss was let go on Monday. He was back in the office today and packed up his stuff. After he was done, he stopped by to shake my hand and say goodbye. He didn't have to do it. He was frank and unsentimental but not bitter. It is what it is, he saw it coming, and he'll be fine. It was as though he didn't want me to worry about him, or to have what happened have any impact on how I feel about the agency. Very impressive, very classy.

1 comment:

  1. I wish him the best of luck with his next job, whatever, and whenever that occurs.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.