Saturday, June 05, 2010
Saturday 9: If I Had a Hammer
1. Are you handy with tools? Not even remotely.
2. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? I found myself embroiled in a strictly professional disagreement at work ... and my boss backed me up. Not that long ago, I wouldn't have believed that was possible.
3. What was the worst thing that happened to you this week? The inevitable end of my four-day holiday weekend
4. Do you think you act your age? No. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
5. Describe an item of clothing that has definitely seen better days but that you refuse to dispose of and still wear. Why won't you toss it? I have a pair of jeans that I splattered with bleach. I wear them when I'm doing housework. I haven't parted with them because I know Goodwill would throw them away and, except for the (OK, massive and ugly) stains, they are still in good shape.
6. What is your favorite summertime beverage? Coca-Cola Classic
7. Have you ever lied about your age? When I was 13 I used to say I was 16. No one believed me.
8. What was the most memorable birthday party you've attended? My old boss/theater buddy got married for the first time on her 51st birthday. How romantic is that?
9. What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life? I am afraid of squirrels. I know this is a silly fear and I bear squirrels no ill will. It's just that when I was a little girl, my dad told me about a kid who was bit by a rabid squirrel, going into graphic detail about the -- what was it? 111? -- shots the boy endured, and that has really stayed with me.