Sunday, June 20, 2010

Look what I found ON DEMAND

I love this movie! Bad Influence is so perverse, and so 1980s (even though it was released in 1990). Rob Lowe plays the completely decadent, amoral but impossibly seductive Alex -- not unlike the guy I spent the 1980s with in real life. Alex is the opposite of Sam Seaborn of The West Wing. This is a guy who scoffs at idealists, or perhaps sleeps with their wives. James Spader, of all people, is the "normal" one, Everyman, the stand-in for you and me. If you can get past the way most of the women are hidden beneath curly perms and impossibly large polyester shoulders, it's enjoyable in a very twisted way.

4 comments:

  1. OMG--Love this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought this was a great movie too! Lowe and Spader do a great job showing the dark side of the 80s.

    Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must watch. I want to see the twisted shoulders. No...that's not what you said is it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:44 PM

    How did I miss this one? Must find it.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.