Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A good lunch

It's a sunny 81ยบ. I wandered out of the office, walked past Millennium Park, and just happened to land at Pizano's, an Italian restaurant I have never visited before. I had a big burger, fries and a beer for just under $20, including tip, which I could afford. I read a few pages of my book and happened to look up at the TV when one of the sports channels announced one of Joe Namath's passes as the second most important of all-time, and it's always good to see Joe Willie in all his green-eyed glory. En route to the ladies' room, I spotted a photo of my beloved future Hall of Famer, Greg Maddux, in his Cubs uniform.

On the way back, I wandered among all the tourists (including very exuberant members of the Class of 2014) and landed back here at my desk.

A beer, burger, the sun shining down on my favorite city, sports heroes ... it's helped my mood immeasurably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.