Thursday, June 10, 2010

Clean Me

Every day I am going to do something -- no matter how small -- to improve my standard of living at home.

This may not sound like much, but I think it should count as a two-fer: I threw out the coupons/flyer from Carson's and the coupon from Kohl's ... unopened and therefore unviewed and unused. For, as I admitted earlier, I have too much of everything I shouldn't and I really don't need to even contemplate using more credit to buy more stuff.

I hung a bag on the linen closet doorknob. Inside it is a padded envelope and some drugstore sample sized packages of tampons and facial wipes (which had been taking up space on the kitchen counter). I'll add the little things I come across for our soldiers overseas and when it's full, I'll just slip everything into the padded envelope and send it off to Operation: Shoebox.

3 comments:

  1. gal you are doing such a great job...keep up the good work. you are encouraging all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a two-fer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way - I want to go buy things but really, what do I need? What's sitting around that I don't even use any longer? I'm trying so hard not to buy "stuff" for the house and to give away all the crap I have sitting around.

    We have a store here that sells used items and all proceeds go to the local hospice center. I like that idea so I donate LOTS of stuff there. Each Saturday, I make it my mission to take a bag of stuff there.

    You are doing GREAT! Did you see my post on PI about doing something just 1% better each time? That's what you're doing. (Clap Clap)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.