Wednesday, May 19, 2010

That's what makes horse racing


My theater buddy, Barb, and I went to see The 39 Steps at the Bank of America Theater. I enjoyed it -- in an absurd, Monty Python kinda way. She looked so bored I wondered if it hurt. Still, she was a good sport about it and stayed through the final curtain.

She was also a good sport about American Idol. While I was happy to see her and catch up, and was genuinely amused by the live performance and was glad to be back in my favorite theater,* I was sorry that the Idol results were being announced just as intermission was ending. Barb was proud of her dexterity on her iPhone and was able to confirm that yes, the final two are Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze.



* I love
Jersey Boys as much as the next pop music fan, but I was glad to see that production finally close and cede the stage to another show.

3 comments:

  1. I heard the commercials for 39 Steps so many times and it sounded like a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gal - send me an e-mail. I've got a potential UpTake blogging opportunity for you if you want it - they need a Chicago based person to write posts about things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting theater experience.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.