Monday, May 10, 2010

Movie Monday -- My Movie Budget


Share on how you budget for your movie fix and any ways that you save or splurge. Link back here at The Bumbles and don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

This one is easy: I don't budget. My movie-going tends to be very spontaneous. If I have a couple of free hours on a Saturday afternoon, I check to see what's playing at the local theater. If I know I'm going to be at the mall, I see what's playing at the big-ass multiplex. The only time I really plan a trip to the movies is when I'm going to celebrate someone's birthday (both my oldest friend and my friend, John, prefer trips to the movies than more conventional parties).

One money-saving tip I've learned: a movie and dinner (meaning movie at 4:00 and dinner at 7:00) always costs less than dinner and a movie because you can take advantage of the cheaper weekend price. It also gives you the opportunity to discuss the movie over dinner.

4 comments:

  1. I have not been to a movie in ages (the last one was Leap Year, which I thought was pretty yawn worthy). I don't go alone and my movie buddies have all moved away. It's kind of depressing. I usually just wait until those movies come on HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a movie budget either . . . I'm also spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's quite a novel idea - seeing the movie first and then eating out. Saves some cashola and provides great conversation fodder over drinks and food. I'd just be worried that I'd fill up on popcorn and Raisenettes ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you--movie then dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.