Friday, May 07, 2010

Less than $6 for a lovely smile


One of my coworkers -- a very earnest, hardworking girl -- just announced she's pregnant. She's new to the team, and since times have been tough at this agency lately, I wanted to make sure she feels comfortable with us. So while I was buying myself flowers for my desk, I picked up a single spray rose for her. I just put it in a 99¢ bud vase (second hand from Goodwill, as a matter of fact) and left it on her desk with a card, wishing her a "happy first Mother's Day." I'm the happy one -- for this simple gesture meant the world to her. She even took a picture of the vase/flowers so she could always remember her first-ever Mother's Day gift!

4 comments:

  1. Snowbird9:38 AM

    Wish I had had a co-worker as thoughtful as you! She's a lucky girl, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very thoughtful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, don't tell me that you wouldn't have spent that found money on the homeless dude and his cat. You are a big ass pile of mush! Admit it.

    (This was a very loving gesture and one I am SURE she will never, ever forget. You rock.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:29 PM

    So sweet. Isn't it nice when you can make someone's day?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.