Here's what I want for myself today ...
1) Discipline to work out at lunchtime today. I'm finally over the Vicodin and I have the OK from the surgeon who is working on my legs. So now all I need is the will. Accomplished!
2) Energy to do some housework this evening. My niece is coming over Sunday to help me organize my living room, and because I know this is the plan, I have been neglecting to do anything, saying to myself, "I'll take care of that when she gets here." We're getting to the point where she is going to have to wear HazMat coveralls. Accomplished! Finished sorting laundry (I see 5 loads -- blues, blacks, reds, whites-to-be-bleached and everything else -- in my future) and changed the linens in my bedroom and bathroom.
3) A Cub victory. I know it's still early in the season, but I'm beginning to get a little nervous about the fielding and the bullpen. Accomplished! Thanks, Guys!
4) Lee DeWyze to make the final 3 on Idol. He's a hometown boy, he's got a neat, bluesy voice, and he's cute. Now that he's made the Final 3, the Tribune reports that the AI cameras will follow him to Wrigley Field and film him tossing out the first pitch.
5) Serenity. I'm feeling a little unsettled these days. It may be all the meds flowing through my system, it may be the lack of endorphins because I haven't been working out, it may be because I'm obsessed/saddened by my resemblance to Elena Kagan … the skies of my soul are a bit gray these days.