Friday, March 12, 2010

My favorite sale of the year


The Carson's* Goodwill Sale! Every item of clothing or textiles (I think this means towels, throw rugs, etc.) you bring to Carson's gets you a coupon for 20% that's good until 3/24. That's all there is to it. Really, it's that simple.

Almost everything in the store is included in the Goodwill Sale -- EVEN COSMETICS!!!!! Which means I can replenish my supply of Clinique Eye Repairwear.

So I get to save, and I get to help Goodwill, which is one of my favorite charities.

Today I participated in a Michigan Avenue event to publicize the sale. A Goodwill truck was parked at Michigan and Illinois and I dropped off three blouses. In return the PR representative peeled off multiple coupons. I whispered that she'd handed me waaaay more than the 3 I deserved in exchange for my 3 blouses, but she told me to "enjoy them." And so I shall!





*aka Bergner's or The Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the Goodwill near here does something like that. That would be pretty cool. I love shopping there.

    However, I usually donate to Salvation Army. When my dad's family came here from Russia the Salvation Army helped them settle into their new country.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.