Monday, March 08, 2010

Movie Monday

Share your thoughts and link back here to the Bumbles.

This week's movie topic is all about Oscar...

Last night's show provided no surprises as far as who won, but the show itself did surprise and delight me. Most of the nominees were actually there, looking fine and behaving like good sports. (Remember the year when Russell Crowe just sat there like a gloomy gus?) The John Hughes tribute montage was lovely. And most of all, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin and Neil Patrick Harris were so irreverent they were downright subversive. From NPH's song:

Why wouldn't Crosby give up Hope?
Why does Harold call Kumar when he scores dope?

And why does a prisoner drop the soap?
'Cause no one wants to do it alone


So go, go Baldwin and Martin
The biggest pair since Dolly Parton

The show's really started

And no one wants to do it alone

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED NPH's opening. :-) And Baldwin & Martin has a great ring to it.

    You're right, no surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I wished I watched it, just for the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Steve Martin's line to the best actress nominee from Precious - "we have a lot in common, in our first films we both grew up a poor, black child." Cracked me up. I love The Jerk. Intrigued to see Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch it, but I enjoyed your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.