Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Movie Meme -- Appreciation


Here are films that we have found a greater appreciation for the more times we've viewed them. Share on your blog those movies that get better the more you see them and link back here at The Bumbles.

The Sting (1973). It's hard not to be distracted by the coolest guys who ever lived. But dive into that sea of blue eyes and wallow in their preternatural hipness, get it over with, and then pay attention to the story. The intricate plot is not only rebellious fun, it's very wise about motivations and human nature.

Dressed to Kill (1980). This homage to Hitchcock's Psycho is an exceptionally well made film. Every clue is there. No spoiler here, but let me say that if you watch closely ... really closely ... you can see whodunnit every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. I'd agree with the sting--it is a great movie. I've only watched a few Hitchcocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I can't tear myself away from the baby blues! I try every time but it is a losing battle. The Sting is a terrific example for this topic.

    I don't think I've ever seen Dressed to Kill!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.