Saturday, December 05, 2009

Happy birthday to me (part 8)


My friend Kathleen and I celebrated one another's birthday last night. (Hers is right before Christmas, so this is about midway between.) We had shrimp bisque and oysters for dinner and then went to a community playhouse production of Little Women. Then we stopped for drinks and exchanged our gifts.

I love Little Women. Jo was one of my first-ever heroines, and it always makes me happy to see her come to life. I also love spending time with Kathleen. She has a real life -- a flawed but loving marriage, terrific but flawed kids, and a fulfilling but stressful job. She's a good friend, so I'm happy to see what a satisfying life she has built for herself.

2 comments:

  1. Yet again, it sounds like a great birthday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the coolest friends ever!! and yum shrimp :)...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.