Sunday, November 08, 2009

12 years already!

Yesterday I bought a bargain book called Diana: Unseen Archives. What a beautiful investment of $4.99!

Most of the book is photos, and that's fine because really, what more do we need to hear about her short, tragic life? Instead I found myself enchanted by her again. She wasn't the most beautiful woman in the world -- the nose was too long for that. But she certainly was one of the most charismatic ever. Charming whether in a gown and tiara or on her knees to accept flowers from a child, every photo radiates warmth.

I miss her, and sometimes wonder what she would have done with the last 12 years.

2 comments:

  1. Her death had a profound effect on my sisters and me. I always felt connected to her, for some reason. It is hard to believe it's been twelve years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, twelve years - wow! I remember that night perfectly. She accomplished a lot with what she was given and I suspect she'd have done so much more had she chosen to stay here in the physical.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.