Saturday, September 05, 2009

A good day

Let myself awaken naturally, without the alarm clock.

Donated a bag of non-perishables to the food pantry -- arriving just before they closed, which is better for me.*

Had me a lovely lunch at Cosi, then went, at the spur of the moment, to the movies (Extract; just OK, but Ben Affleck is a riot).

Sent four boxes of Christmas cards to Operation Shoebox. (I want the troops to get them in time to send them back stateside to family and friend.) This is not only a do-good, it was housecleaning because every year I buy more charity Christmas cards than I can ever send and they are nearly overrunning me.

Worked out, getting in tons of cardio and strengthening my legs and my core. I feel great.

D Lee had an exquisite day at the plate.

Now I'm watching The Sound of Music. This movie is always hitsville with me.

As they say, "it's all good."


*Obviously I like helping my neighbors or I wouldn't do this, but it upsets me to see how deep the need is. By arriving just before closing, most people have already been helped and the parking lot was mostly empty.

3 comments:

  1. I was Gretel in a local community production of The Sound of Music when I was 5. I'm fond of it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Sound of Music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:31 AM

    So far I've only washed up the dishes and put in a load of wash. I should get going.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.