Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Tuesday Tunes #23

The weather's heating up so lets do a little "hot" related word association. Songs/Bands/Artists/Albums you think of when you see these words.

Steamy --
"I'm on Fire" by Bruce Springsteen. Oooh, that song completely captures lust and yearning for me. Sooo steamy.

Heat -- "Heat Wave" by Martha and the Vandellas.

Hot -- "Rocky Racoon" by The Beatles. Daniel was hot, he drew fast and shot, and Rocky collapsed in the corner.

Summer --
"Hot Fun in the Summertime" by Sly and the Family Stone

Dry --
"Soon It's Gonna Rain" by Barbra Streisand. Smell how the velvet rain is falling, out where the fields are warm and dry.

Desert --
"Band on the Run by Paul McCartney & Wings. The night was falling as the desert world began to settle down. In the town they're searching for us everywhere but we never will be found.

Beach --
"New York State of Mind" by Billy Joel. Take a holiday from the neighborbood. Hop a flight to Miami Beach or to Hollywood.

Sweat
-- "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream ...

To play along yourself, or to see how others answered, click here.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent list. I like how you started and finished your list with The Boss. The video for "I'm On Fire" was one of my favorites. I always used to wonder who the actress (whose face wasn't shown) was at the beginning of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tunes. You gotta know your lyrics with this feature!eum

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long time since I've heard "New Your State of Mind". Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love em all!

    You know, I've been thinking of bringing out my "Band On The Run" album and playing the vinyl, but I have to hook up the turntable again. It's worth it, though, to hear that fab album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used heat wave as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.