Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'd forgotten!


I'm spending a lazy day at home, spinning the dial, and came upon a most arresting sight (no pun intended). A very young Michael Douglas, smiling most winningly, as he gets information from the San Francisco PD crime lab. He was completely gorgeous! I'd forgotten.

So I googled one of my favorite Rolling Stone covers of all time -- Michael Douglas promoting The China System while holding his own bare-assed, cherubic baby boy. Babies and dogs ... Even the most gorgeous man looks more beautiful cuddling a baby or a dog.

He also starred in one of my favorite romantic comedies of all time, It's My Turn, with Jill Clayburgh. Never heard of it? That's OK, no one else has, either. I'm a cult of one.

When I see Michael Douglas now, he looks like a silly old man with with a particularly arrogant younger wife. I forgot what a fan I used to be.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your observation about the modern-day Michael Douglas. And his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Younger wife, eh? Is she 12? What???! I really need to keep up with what's going on in the world.
    I loved him in the rabbit-boiling movie (the title has escaped me for the moment). I was so traumatized by the memory of the rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that movie ("It's My Turn") - so we can now be a cult of two. :)

    I've never particularly liked nor disliked him. In fact, I'd say he's barely registered on my radar. But that's okay. It's a smallish radar and not much room for anyone besides Cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know it's his voice introducing Brian Williams each night on NBC? A piece of trivia...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.