Monday, June 29, 2009

Aaargh!

My best friend remains completely incommunicado, except to tell me he is too busy to talk. I do not believe him. No one is busy 24/7.

He did this about this time two summers ago, and I was miserable with worry. I recognize there are some issues in his life (specifically, his marriage) that he's not comfortable discussing with me. That's not only his right, I think it's best. I don't belong in his marriage and hearing about it makes me uneasy so my responses would, quite possibly, be insensitive and flip. Last time it took him a couple months to re-emerge and I was lonely and miserable. I'm trying not to let that happen again.

But I am worried about him and I miss him so. I wish he would just tell me what's up -- topline, no details required. It would be easier for me to be understanding if I understood.

3 comments:

  1. I know this must worry you. I hope he reappears soon to ease your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it must be hard for you because you are such a caring person. I've had a best friend who would disappear now and again and it caused me to feel apprehensive about when it would happen next. Never a fun thing.

    All you can do is send him love through the ether and know that he will feel it.

    Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you hear from him soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.