Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Snip, snip

I wore my hair short and dyed it red for decades. I had been cutting and coloring it for so long that I'd actually kinda forgotten what its natural state was. So I stopped dying it and let it grow. I'm happy with the color as God intended it, but the length ... Eh. My hair has become a high-maintenance mass of cowlicks and unruly curls and they have to go. This Saturday morning. Snip, snip. Bye bye.

My search for an example of what I want to show the stylist had me landing in KatieLand with both feet. I really like the no-muss, no-fuss style Katie Holmes wears. But she's much younger than I am. I was afraid I'd look tragically jeune fille.

Then I saw what that other Katie was up to. Katie Couric is older than I am, and she looks just fine.

So now I have a plan. I just wish I didn't have to wait until Saturday. Once I make up my mind about these things, I want to do them NOW.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. Once I've made up my mind, I want to do it NOW.

    Glad that you've found the look you want. Have a great time Saturday getting your haircut. You can use the time to really pamper yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should get a pedi/mani while you're at it and go to the Mall and shop. Nothing speaks shopping like a new look.

    Waiting to hear about Bruce...did you touch him? How far away were you?
    (that was really a juvenile question.I'll just be leaving now)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:42 PM

    I agree with Mimi, make it a day of pampering - we always deserve that.

    Been waiting for your post on Elizabeth Edward's new book. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.