Monday, April 20, 2009

President as hero

I just saw a kid outside my building, skateboarding. He was about 12 and seemed to have a ton of pent-up, stuck-in-class-all-day energy to burn off. He was wearing a t-shirt similar to this one.

That's one of the reasons why I want Barack Obama to succeed.

Yes, because if he does well, we all do well. Of course, because I love my country and always hope my President will exercise good judgment, whether I voted for him or not. And because I find it very moving that a kid would feel good enough about the President that he'd proudly wear his face when he went out to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.