Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Just not destined to work out

My solid blue flats are a mess, with irreparably scuffed toes. I have two pair of cute Roxys (which remind me of my Vans from back in the olden days), but they are multicolored and sometimes I must dress like a sedate, responsible businesswoman and that calls for navy pumps.

So I found these on Zappos. And promptly ordered them. They were more than I could afford at the moment, but navy flats are hardly a frivolous expense, especially because I believe I'm meeting with the client next week.

However, I ordered them way too promptly because no sooner had I hit "send" than I discovered I already had a pair of almost-new navy flats (each with a tassel!). So I didn't need these new beauties.

But Zappos is so damn nice! I got an email saying they had upgraded and expedited the shipping on my new purchase. Then, for my convenience, I got a tracking number. Zappos is more than holding up their end of the deal, so how could I not keep the shoes?

They arrived today, and they pinch. Yes, I'm wearing heavier socks than I normally would, but still, if they hurt I won't wear them. So back they must go.

Me and the navy Trotters -- an infatuation that will never go any further. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Shoes... shoes. I have a love-hate relationship with shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to return things but pinchy shoes would not be an issue. I love wearing heels. Don't tell anybody but I keep a pair of slippers under my desk for those ahhhh...moments..

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.