Sunday, April 05, 2009

Feeling inspired

I joined a health club here in my neighborhood and did 35 minutes of cardio, 16 reps on one of the arm machines and some leg lifts. The club is new-ish (about two years old) and has far more equipment than the Bally's club I go to downtown. It's also open almost 24 hours a day, so it gives me fewer excuses for blowing off my workouts.

Spending days being buffed and scrubbed and massaged and exfoliated made me think a bit differently about my body. I used to be in shape. I used to feel better and was proud of my endurance. Now I'm a fatty who is out of breath racing to the el platform. The only one between me and a little self improvement is me. I won't look as good as I did at 25, but I can look and feel better. I just need to focus.

2 comments:

  1. What the hell is wrong with you? You go to a spa for a week and come back and get all healthy? This. will. not. stand! :)

    (I hate you but lovingly so)

    ps: you go, girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I would get off my lazy butt and do the same....
    I wish I could get my act together and do the same!
    BTW---hope your Mom is doing better today.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.