Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cause for celebration

I completed my goal of 13 workouts this month ... with five days left to go! Today was an especially brutal exercise. My personal trainer, Monette, spent the first of four one-on-one hours with me. Ow! Ow! OW!

I learned how to do the exercises and use the equipment correctly, and how to make my work outs more productive. Also, when we were done, Monette and I had a nice little talk about what my goals are and how I felt about the routine we did today. I told her we are never doing that run up and down the stairs thing because I didn't feel safe, and she promised we'd come up with options I was more comfortable with.

Between this and my obsessive devotion to maintaining my food diary/Daily Plate at Livestrong.com, this should be the first of many small victories to come. I must keep reminding myself that many small victories combine to result in major success in terms of my health and fitness.

6 comments:

  1. You go girl...proud of you and the hard work you have done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to your magnificence (I am so not kidding!) in fitness, girlfriend! Be hella proud of yourself for doing this because it's not easy to start (and for me, to maintain) a new routine.

    Two snaps up in a circle for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!!
    I personally award you the Queen's trophy for Physical Fitness.
    Sorry about the pain but it is so worth it. I don't think I'd like the stairs either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. But I'd love the "stares"....bwaahhahhhaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Your determination and follow-through will get you to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post?? Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.