Monday, March 16, 2009

"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun ...

You find the fun and snap! The job's a game."

So sang Mary Poppins. That's why I believe she would approve of my unorthodox approach to scrubbing the grout between the tiles on my bathroom floor.

I went in there with my Sonic Scrubber, cleanser, and a tumbler of vodka and fruit juice. Scrub a little, swig a little, scrub a little, swig a little. It wasn't exactly a spoonful of sugar, but it did the trick. I stuck with it for an hour and got about halfway done.

Tomorrow I hope Mary (and Stoli) will inspire me to finish the job.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, whatever works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you are swigging the right drinking vessel while cleaning.

    Made me giggle when I read this.

    Hey, did you catch George on on ER last week, what a guy! The chemistry was still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prob'ly about haldway snookered, too! But, HEY! whatever works, I say! Good Luck with the second act!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL...no, *I've* not been drinking yet this morning - I just can't spell check! LoL (that would be "halfway", not "haldway"...)Give me a break! It's 6:30 in the morning, and I've barely had a cup of coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea! I think I might have to try that myself! :-) I can always count on you for great tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.