Thursday, February 26, 2009

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #96 -- "The Welcome Back" Edition


First of all, thanks to Mr. Pop Culture Dish himself, Malcolm, for reuniting me with my all-time favorite meme! Because it's too late/too early for me to be up, I'm going to let music, and this post, "soothe the mind and give it rest," so I can go back to bed for a bit. (Please remember that I am a proud Baby Boomer and my list reflects that.)

Without further ado ...

THIRTEEN SONGS MY IPOD
PLAYED WHILE ON SHUFFLE


1. 100 Years -- 5 for Fighting
2. (Between a) Rock and a Hard Place -- Rolling Stones
3. Domino -- Van Morrison
4. Martha, My Dear -- The Beatles
5. Just a Little Lovin' -- Dusty Springfield
6. You're My Best Friend -- Queen
7. Jessie's Girl -- Rick Springfield
8. I'm the Greatest -- Ringo Starr
9. Little Sister -- Elvis
10. Love in an Elevator -- Aerosmith
11. Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows -- Lesley Gore*
12. Already Gone -- The Eagles
13. The Rising -- The Boss

*Yes, I'm embarrassed that one came up. But what kind of person fakes her TT? I had to include it.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!

Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

19 comments:

  1. Nice song list. As a fellow baby boomer, kind of knew them all... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aerosmith is an all time favorite of mine...but now you've gone and done it with your list...I'll be humming Elvis's "Little Sister" all morning.

    Happy Thursday 13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse's Girl is an ipod staple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I haven't heard any Van Morrison in ages. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too do TT about songs on my Ipod. And as you mentioned sometimes I can be quite embarrassed about the songs that come up but I like all kinds of music and there's no sense cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tunes! Have a good THursday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We could have Ipod sharing of music...thought I was looking at my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah - ya know, I *do* see a LOT of folks still TT'n; this was always my favorite meme, too...I should play along again, myself...

    (Hope you're havin' a good week, my friend!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:51 AM

    I saw your name and was like - YAY!! Welcome back! :) Of course, a fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard some of those songs in a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Fun 13, it's now been so long since I listened to mine I don't remember what's on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love music lists. Especially when I only know 3 songs on them. Now I have to go and check out the other ones on last.fm. There's always a chance my new favorite song might be among them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always loved TT, and play along almost every week. Have a great Thursday.

    http://nowherevilleusa.blogspot.com/search/label/Thursday%2013

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love this idea for a TT. Bruce Springsteen is getting old but WOW he still look good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:57 PM

    LOL How can you be embarrassed What true boomer's list would be complete without it? Great TT! about that one!?
    Happy TT!
    My TT's are up at both The Eclectic Witch and Thorne's World

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't MP3 players great? Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous8:24 PM

    Cool

    I also did this 13 songs on my last TT :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous2:21 AM

    #4, one of my fave tracks on the White Album! I don't know any of the others.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.