Friday, September 19, 2008

A bit of baseball history could be made

The regular season is just about over, so my beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux won't have many more starts after tonight. If the rumors are true and he's really going to retire at the end of this season, this could be the last time he'll ever face San Francisco. Already one of the best pitchers in baseball history, he needs only one more regular-season victory to move past Roger (boo! hiss!) Clemens to be the 7th winningest pitcher ever.

So tonight is not just another game. I'm so nervous, you'd think I was watching the Cubs! (The Boys in Blue really kinda sucked today, losing 12-6. Cincinnati beat the Brewers, though, so the Cubs' Magic Number is 1.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.