Friday, April 18, 2008

In praise of Greg Maddux


Tonight he's going after an even more prestigious place in the record books with his 350th win against the Diamondbacks. While I'm as excited as all get out, the Man Himself is downplaying the importance of reaching 350. Maybe it's because he already has:

• More than 3,200 strike outs
• 17 consecutive Gold Gloves (1990-2007)
• 4 consecutive Cy Young Awards (1992-1995)

And just think, he's managed to do all that without steroids! When he goes into the Hall of Fame, no one will even mention putting an asterisk after his name (unlike juiced-up Cheater McCheaty Pants Clemens, who -- to be fair -- has racked up even more impressive stats but had to shoot up to do it).

PS Um … He kinda got shellacked. Giving up 6 runs in the first inning alone. But he'll be ready to try again next week!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your pots about baseball because I'm learning. Even if I think you speak chinese when you talk about baseball.

    I enjoying reading you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.