Sunday, March 30, 2008

So many great broads, so many books to read, so little time

I am completely into the John Adams HBO mini-series, especially Abigail Adams as portrayed by Laura Linney. Sure, I knew she was the wife of one President and the mother to another. But I had no idea she was such a strong and inspirational force. Her marriage was a true partnership, as well as a love story. I'm eager to learn more about her, but I already have a book about another First Lady, the much-maligned Mary Lincoln, on my on-deck circle.

3 comments:

  1. I think every first lady probably has an extraordinary story to tell. I recently saw a documentary on Eleanor Roosevelt and would not mind learning more about her. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got digital cable last week with DVR and we're still trying to figure out what all we want to watch. :)

    Sorry for the spam but I'm letting everyone on the Heads Or Tails blogroll know that HoT has a home of its own! You can find it HERE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple of good books about Abagail. Her letter-writing was usually quite witty.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.