Sunday, June 17, 2007

Highly uncomfortable


My beloved future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux is pitching against my guys. Within the beautiful confines. I'm almost in pain.

Of course I want Derek Lee to have a spectacular day after what happened yesterday. Of course I want Jacque Jones to snap out of his slump. But why, oh why, do they have to do it against my beloved? How could fate be this cruel?

In my heart of hearts, I'm pulling for Maddog. I will not have many more opportunities like this to luxuriate in his performance. Besides, it's Father's Day! Last I heard, Rich Hill was engaged but as of yet childless, and Greg Maddux is the father of Amanda and Chase.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.