Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ah ha! That explains it!

Had a long chat with my best friend yesterday. His life is not going so well these days, and to distract him from his own problems I presented him with the predominant question in my life -- why I am so cold and emotionally removed from what happened in Virginia.

My best friend can be very sensitive to need, and yesterday he didn't disappoint. He pointed out that I don't respond to acts, I respond to the victims. A child, a pet, a veteran … I feel a sense of responsibility to these people. He mentioned the recent Jessica Lumsford case and how upset I was by that. It's the job of the strong to take care of the weak, and when someone young, or wounded, or helpless is a victim, I respond very strongly.

He added that every national event doesn't have to be seared into soul.

All this means I'm not a cold-hearted witch. And hearing that made me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.