Friday, November 03, 2006

Lurkers


One of the terrific benefits to Adsense (that little ad you see at the top right) is the free site meter it provides in exchange for that corner of my blog. This site has also become quite the moneymaker for me (Adsense has earned me a full 65¢ since May). Anyway, courtesy of Adsense I know that I average 13 hits a day, with as many as 40 on individual days.

I mention this for two reasons:
1) Ms. Hickory, if you want a similar counter that only you can see, go to google.com/adsense.

2) I suddenly became very nervous that someone who knows me in real life could be among the lurking 40. My village is on here, my cats' real names are listed, etc., so it wouldn't be hard to figure out that I am indeed ... me. Since I've been rather frank about feelings re: my family and coworkers, I thought it best to start referring to myself as "One Gal." There's something cathartic about keeping this electronic journal, and I am not at all sure it would do anyone any good if I wasn't able to be honest. On the other hand, I have no wish to hurt or embarrass anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.