Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's been a hard day's night

The London tabloids are abuzz. Lady McCartney has unleashed publicity hell on poor Sir Paul. She claims in her newly-filed divorce papers that her former hubby is:
• a drug-taking alcoholic
• physically abusive, beating her up while she was pregnant, stabbing her with a broken wine glass, and choking her
• not supportive of her role as mother, objecting to her breastfeeding by bellowing: “Those are my breasts.”

Of course none of this matters to me. I don't see how any of it could be proven in court and (with my exhaustive knowledge of British law) I'm not even sure a judge would consider it in a divorce case that seems to be about division of property.

And I love him. I have loved him since I was 6 years old and saw him on The Ed Sullivan Show, singing, "Close your eyes and I'll kiss you/tomorrow I'll miss you/remember I'll always be true ..." It's going to take a lot more than mud slung by one-legged lingerie model to change that.

I do wonder, though, if now he isn't sorry he didn't pay her those few lousy extra millions she required to just slink away in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.